Saturday, April 11, 2009

Reflections between Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday

Psalm 18:3 I call the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies... Ps. 18:19b He...rescued me because he delighted in me.

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways highter than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 John 4:4 Greater is He who is within me than he who is in the world

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. (NKJV)

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing

Habakkuk 3:19 Amplified version " The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army. He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering or responsibility]! For the Chief Musician, with my stringed instruments"

This may seem somewhat all "unrelated"... however, the reality that we have an enemy and that he is out for our isolation and destruction is true. Those of us who belong to Christ cannot be snatched away, but the enemy will do his best to crush/distract/derail... whatever method will work best. He has NO heart and will not hesitate to hit us again when we are down and so all the more we need to be on our guard and alert.

The best defense is a good offense. When we know the things that are TRUE.... when we take God AT HIS WORD and build our life on solid ground (HIM), we can withstand whatever evil might come or landslide toward us. God is greater than the evil that is in the world. HE HAS OVERCOME and this weekend is all about that. If Jesus had not died, we would still be dead in our sin and the enemy would not be defeated... but Satan IS already defeated. His time is short.

OH JESUS, thank you and praise you that you sacrificed your life by death on a cross that we might live. Thank you that we can live in the abundance of life now and later. Thank you for coming to set us free from the power of sin and death. Thank you for drawing us to relationship with you. We can never repay the debt we owe and so we offer our lives up that you might live your full life through us. Please be glorified in me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment