Friday, February 11, 2011

A River Runs Through It

A River Runs Through It:  We watched this movie tonight.  First time for my husband to see it.  I don't even know how many times I've seen it, but it has not been often in recent years.

My dad loved this movie for some reason.  It's very introspective in ways and not much on rapid paced action... I don't really know why he liked it so much.  He wasn't really a fly fisherman... and while he loved movies of all sorts, I'm not sure why this movie was one of his favorites. 

Daddy made me rewind again and again to write down the last part of it.  Part of it is still in my memory...

Some of it is something like this:  Now nearly all those I loved and did not understand when I was young are gone now, even Jessie...  But when I am alone in the half light of the canyon all exsistence seems to fade to a being (?) in my soul and ...memories... and the hope that a fish will rise....  

Then there is a part that talks beautifully about the river and the rocks and the words below the rocks... etc. 

It ends with a simple "I am haunted by waters."

So, I can't remember a lot of it perfectly, but it really is beautiful poetry/prose.  Truly haunting in ways.   

I think it is based off a book written by Norman Maclean.  I should investigate this sometime.  Might be enlightening.

Well, my pillow is calling to me for now. 

This is the most random blog post I have written so far, but I know there are some thoughts stirring in me and I should at least begin to tap into them... This "journal" is mostly just for me anyway! :)

My daughter, husband and I danced a little waltz together at the end and while I was still sad and meloncoly thinking about my dad, it was a nice dance.  I felt Eucharisteo (sp) in even that.  The sadness and the joy all mixed together and I felt thankful and grateful and alive. 

It's good to feel alive.  Thank you, Lord, for moments to remember and to truly live.

No comments:

Post a Comment